We are hiring Graduate Design & Project Engineers, based in South West London to continue the development of our new premium aircraft seating projects.
Unum are a new supplier of premium class seats and aim to become the credible alternative in aircraft seating to the global commercial airline market.
We will set a new benchmark for inspiring, sustainable, passenger-focused design and effortless service with consistent on-time delivery; a reliable and responsible alternative, driven by people who share the passion and commitment of our customers to deliver comfort every day.
Our founder, Chris Brady, previously established and developed Acro Aircraft Seating and our senior team brings extensive business class seating experience as well as some fresh thinking. Who we are and what we stand for are key to the way we do business; by people and for people.
With a right-brain focus on creativity and passenger experience we have worked with Acumen Design Associates on our first product, Unum One, an outward-facing herringbone seat that offers excellent comfort and a consistent PaxEx on both widebody and single aisle aircraft at a new benchmark in density.
Our left-brain approach to reliability puts effective processes and a risk management culture to work to ensure flawless reliability and on-time delivery, which for example has led us to an industrial strategy with in-house composite manufacture as a core competence.
Based in the UK, we have been building our people, capabilities and product since February 2020. Having successfully launched our first product in March 2022, we now prepare for the next stage in our journey.
We are looking for self-motivated team players, working in an agile and dynamic environment across a variety of engineering disciplines. The ideal candidates will have….
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Capabilities in aerospace CAD design, material choice, and hands-on product assembly
- Systemic thinking and problem solving
- Produce accurate and high-quality design drawings and engineering reports
- Understand aerospace design development cycles and program management
- Excellent time management (prioritisation and task management) and the ability to engage externally with third-party suppliers
- A passion for engineering and the pursuit of comfort